Sermon Outline, May 24, 2015, “The Person of the Holy Spirit”
The Person of the Holy Spirit
John 14:16-18, 26
Respect the Holy Spirit as a Person.
The Holy Spirit is a Person.
~ John 4:24; Hebrews 1:14
The Holy Spirit is our Helper.
~ Proverbs 18:24; Hebrews 13:5
The Personal Pronoun for the Holy Spirit is Masculine.
~ John 14:16, 26
The Personal Activities of the Holy Spirit speak to His Person.
- Intellectual Activity ~ I Corinthians 2:11.
- Volitional Activity ~ Acts 13:2.
- Speaking Activity ~ Acts 8:29.
- Teaching Activity ~ John 14:26.
- Emotional Activity ~ Ephesians 4:30; Hebrews 10:29.
- Respect the Holy Spirit as a Divine Person.
- The Inclusion of the Holy Spirit in the Trinity speaks to His Divine Person. ~ Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6
- His Attributes speak to His Divine Person.
- ~ The Holy Spirit is Holy ~ I Corinthians 6:19.
- ~ The Holy Spirit is Eternal ~ Hebrews 9:14.
- ~ The Holy Spirit is Omniscient ~ I Corinthians 2:10-11.
- ~ The Holy Spirit is Omnipresent ~ Psalm 139:7-10.
- ~ The Holy Spirit is Omnipotent ~ Genesis 2.
- Honor the Leadership of the Divine Holy Spirit. ~ Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:16